I have been traveling by air quite a lot. In this post, let me share some air travel hacks.
- Sign-up for mile program even if you are not a frequent traveler.
- Be sure to leave for the airport early. There can be unexpected traffic.
- Double check your flight date and time. Do you know what it means by 12.00am? (I still get confused…)
- When going through security check, empty your pockets beforehand by putting all things in your carry-on bag or jacket pocket that you take off.
- Be sure to download on-flight entertainment app on your phone before you board the aircraft, if the airline offers any.
- My personal preference but I would choose window seat if it’s less than 3 hours flight. If it’s over 3 hours, I would choose aisle seat. (It would depend on my bathroom need situation, though…)
- If it is a flight that is over 3 hours, make sure you force yourself to stand up and walk around, in order to prevent blood clots in vessel.
- If you know you are most likely get motion sickness, take a pill with you. You maybe able to find it in the airport but it’s safe to prepare it before you leave home.
- Most of all, enjoy the flight. Don’t you think it is amazing that you get to fly!!!?
- Unless if you have a large bag as a carry-on luggage, there is no point of rushing to be the first to board the airplane.
- Don’t hold your physiological needs until the last moment. Go to the restroom before you board, and before “fasten seat belt” sign goes off.
- Don’t be rude to flight attendant or other passengers.
- Don’t worry.
- Don’t hijack the plane, please!!! (LOL)